Find a handy spot to place the blender and make these Cherry Margaritas. Start with a mix of fresh sweet cherries, a little tequila and a hit of citrus, all whirled in the blender, and you will enjoy the perfect summer frozen cocktail creation. Cherries are so healthy for you!
One cup of raw cherries has 87 calories, 22 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of protein and 3 grams of fiber. Enjoy cherries now while they are at their peak. Cherries are a nutritional powerhouse fruit with so many incredible health benefits.
Eleven Health Benefits of Eating Cherries
1. Cherries, known as a “super-fruit”, are packed with antioxidants called anthocyanins which aid in the reduction of heart disease and cancer.
2. Cherries can help aid in hormonal health. Cherries are one of the few food sources that contain melatonin, an antioxidant that helps regulate heart rhythms and the body’s sleep cycles.
3. Cherries contain magnesium which help regulate sleep quality, and Vitamin C which is essential for regulating estrogen and progesterone.
4. Cherries are an excellent source of beta carotene (vitamin A). In fact they contain 19 times more beta carotene than blueberries and strawberries.
5. Cherries are rich in vitamins C, E, potassium, magnesium, iron, folate and fiber.
6. Cherries are referred to as “brain food”, aiding in brain health and in the prevention of memory loss.
7. Because cherries contain anthocyanins, they can reduce inflammation and symptoms of arthritis and gout.
8. Eating cherries reduces the risk of diabetes.
9. Cherries are a good source of fiber which is important for digestive health.
10. Cherries are a great snack or dessert choice important for weight-maintenance.
11. Because of their powerful anti-inflammatory benefits, cherries are said to reduce pain and joint soreness for runners and athletes after workouts.