How can you get the most from workouts? Take a look at the top calorie burning exercises if you want to get the most bang for your buck.
1. Running-Running is the easiest, cheapest workout. All you need is some good running shoes and a street or trail. Depending of your pace, running is said to burn up to 500 to 700 calories in an hour.
2. Spinning-The great thing about spin (or indoor cycling) classes is that anyone can do them. Also, it’s a great cross-training workout and not hard on the joints or knees. Some spin classes, with a lot of intervals, are said to burn up to 600 to 700 calories in an hour.
3. Jumping Rope-If your’e short on time, this is the exercise to do. Jumping rope for only 10 minutes is said to burn 130 calories or 780 calories an hour. I think I’m going to buy one tomorrow :).
4. Zumba-Dancing for an hour is a great way to burn calories, and this latest rage is said to burn up to 500 calories in an hour. Its popularity is increasing by the week.
5. Swimming-This all over body workout is easy on the joints and great for you. It is a great workout for cross-training, and 30 minutes of the breast stroke can burn 400 calories in only 30 minutes.
Photo via Pinterest