I guess one thing fabulous about having a blog is that I get to write what I want whenever I want. Sometimes writing can be therapeutic. As many of you know, my mom passed away on Friday, and the funeral was Sunday. Thank you for everyone’s incredible support. I thought I would share 31 things my mother taught me. I love you mom, and I hope you are in a peaceful, magical place.
31 Things My Mom Taught Me:
1. Family always comes first.
2. Travel as often as you can.
3. It’s hard to say no to your kids. Sometimes that is just okay.
4. Always have proper manners.
5. Dress for success.
6. Spend one-on-one time with your kids.
7. Take family vacations.
8. Fall in love with fashion
9. You can never have enough shoes.
10. You can never have enough purses.
11. You can never have too many clothes.
12. Getting your nails done every week is a wonderful thing.
13. Enjoy “me” time and get massages and facials as often as possible.
14. Having a professional do your hair from time to time is not a crime.
15. Exude great energy.
16. Follow your passions.
17. Be a person of great character.
18. Mountain Brook is a fabulous place to live, raise a family, eat and shop.
19. The best material gift for a woman is always jewelry.
20. Flowers always make the home brighter.
21. If you want it, find a way to get it.
22. Find friends you can count on.
23. Cleaning is not our “strong” suit.
24. Diamonds truly are forever.
25. Eating out is a luxury and always fun.
26. There is an incredible art to gift giving.
27. When you throw a party, go all out.
28. Be your children’s best friend.
29. Keep a comfortable, warm home.
30. Live every day to the fullest.
31. You are fortunate if you have a large family.
(photo above) My mom’s daughters and granddaughters.
Every Halloween my daughter, Leigh, loves to have friends over to decorate cupcakes for Halloween. I purchase an array of baking supplies, and she and her friends scan the internet for inspiration. They always ask me what blogs are some of my favorites so I do have some influence with some of their selections. Here’s what we thought were some of the best Halloween Cupcakes we have come across lately. To start, our jaws dropped when we saw these Black Chocolate Widow Rum Cupcakes from “6 Bittersweets”. Hope you’ll enjoy some of our ultimate favorites.