I know you have heard it a million times, but breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast is even more important for those parents with kids, especially since school is starting. Ours starts tomorrow, and I can’t believe it! Plenty of healthy breakfast ideas exist for the whole family to enjoy so it makes it easier on everyone. Here are the 5 breakfast recipe ideas for back to school:
1. Smoothies-Who doesn’t love a fresh fruit smoothie? You can buy a huge variety of smoothies off the shelves in supermarkets, but can often be high in sugar. If you want to ensure that your kids are getting all the vitamins and minerals they need, create their favorite smoothie before school. Try my Three Ingredient Banana Smoothie.
2. Bagel, Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese- Kids get bored of toast, so mix it up by offering them a bagel instead. You can get all sorts of different flavors. Try my recipe for Smoked Salmon Dip that works great as a breakfast spread.
3. Cereals-Children tend to tire of eating the same thing, so while healthy cereals such as granola are a great option, make sure you have plenty of variety. You can alternate different cereals and add fruit and/or Greek yogurt to offer something new each day. Try my Blueberry Yogurt Parfait.
4. Eggs-Eggs are a great source of protein, and my kids love this recipe for Oatmeal with Egg Whites that has a good source of protein and carbohydrates.
5. Breakfast Sandwiches- Breakfast sandwiches are a great change of pace. Create breakfast sandwiches with your kid’s favorite ingredients. Check out my recipe for Breakfast Wraps.