Broccolini is a cross between broccoli and kai-lan, a chinese broccoli. It is slightly sweeter than broccoli, and its stalks are thinner so it cooks quicker. I love it when I need to prepare a healthy, fast side dish. Broccolini has great health benefits such as having anti-inflammatory properties, cancer fighting benefits, high antioxidants and more (below). This recipe for Broccolini with Pumpkin Seeds is one of my new family favorites. My kids ate this with no complaints. This recipe is also gluten-free on the paleo diet, and is a super healthy side to add to your weeknight dinner table.
5 Health Benefits of Broccolini:
1. It has beta carotene which helps boost your immune system.
2. It has high levels of vitamin K and Calcium which is great for bone health.
3. It is high in fiber so it aids in digestion, curbs overeating and maintains blood sugar levels.
4. Broccolini is high in Vitamin A and C which help boost immune system, contribute to better vision and helps boost metabolism.
5. Broccolini is high in potassium which is good for the nervous system, promoting brain function and muscle growth.
For more recipes and great information and recipes on metabolism, health and wellness see my FoodLife Project. My first coaching class starts the week of March 26th.