This Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl recipe is my favorite new breakfast recipe. Not only is it easy to prepare, it’s filing, fast and filled with healthy raw ingredients. I am trying to consume a lot of immune boosting ingredients right now. Strawberries are packed with fiber, vitamins and a high level of antioxidants. Using strawberries in smoothies and smoothie bowls adds color and great flavor to your recipes.
Blueberries are also a great immune boosting fruit. One cup of blueberries has four essential nutrients, including fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K and manganese. Now is a great time to be enjoying them because they are in peak season. I always have bananas in my kitchen. Bananas are high in vitamin B6. This vitamin is needed to keep the immune system functioning properly.
Smoothie bowls have so many health benefits. Read on, and you’ll see why I love them so much.
- Smoothie bowls contain all-natural ingredients. Most of the ingredients are raw, so they are packed with vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and antioxidants.
- They are made with natural superfoods that are high in fiber. This aids in digestion and keeps you feeling full longer.
- Many smoothie bowls contain anti-inflammatory ingredients.
- Smoothie bowl recipes are loaded with vitamin C, which may help boost the immune system.
- Many smoothie bowls include dairy products and other ingredients that are rich in calcium, which helps improve bone density and prevent osteoporosis. If you use nondairy milk, make sure to purchase one that is fortified with calcium.)
This smoothie bowl recipe is one of 200 of my recipes in my latest cookbook 200 Best Smoothie Bowl recipes. Recipe courtesy of 200 Best Smoothie Bowls by Alison Lewis © 2016 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. Available where books are sold. Image credit: Colin Erricson
Berry Banana Bowl
1 to 2 servings
3⁄4 cup strawberry-flavored Greek yogurt 175 mL
1⁄4 cup water 60 mL
1 scoop protein powder
1 frozen banana, cut into pieces
3⁄4 cup strawberries 175 mL
4 ice cubes
Healthy Trail Mix (page 220)
1. In blender, combine yogurt, water and protein powder. Secure lid and blend (from low to high if using a variable-speed blender) until smooth. Add banana, strawberries and ice; blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a bowl and top with any of the suggested toppings, as desired.
Courtesy of 200 Best Smoothie Bowls by Alison Lewis © 2016 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. Available where books are sold.