Passover is only a few weeks ahead, and I know many of my readers are always looking for more Passover desserts to diversify their holiday cooking. This Passover Brownie A La Mode is really awesome to serve during the week of Passover. The Passover Brownie mixture is made with nonfat Greek yogurt which adds nice moistness to the texture and protein in the brownies. Serve on the brownie on their own with a glass of milk or with frozen yogurt or any nondairy whipped topping. One of my favorite Passover Brownies recipes ever are The Best Passover Brownies which I created five years ago. It’s still a huge winner! For some of my other favorite passover desserts, click here for Passover Granola, Truffles, Mandel Bread and more.
3/4 cup matzo meal
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
11/4 cups or 5 ounces milk chocolate
5 tablespoons butter
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 8- or 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine matzo meal, sugar, and vanilla.
3. In a microwave safe bowl combine the bittersweet chocolate and butter together and microwave on HIGH for 10 seconds, stirring ever time (up to three times) or until chocolate is smooth.
4. Add the chocolate to the flour mixture. Add the eggs, yogurt, stirring well. Add walnuts, and chocolate chips or chopped chocolate, if using, and stir just until incorporated.
5. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake for close to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. You may wish to start checking the brownies at 30 minutes. Let the pan of chocolatey goodness rest a few minutes, if you can stand the wait, before cutting it into squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.