One of my New Year’s resolutions is to drink more Green Smoothies. I am having so much fun with my Blendtec blender, and I loved this recipe for Green Smoothie. Even my son, Zachary, who is 10 years old, drank an entire glass. If you’re skeptical, just try it. It’s my newest favorite recipe for breakfast or afternoon pick me up.
Check out 10 awesome health benefits of drinking Green Smoothies below:
1. It boosts your energy level
2. Adds fiber to your diet which aids in digestion and eliminates toxins.
3. Reduces mood swings
4. Promotes weight loss
5. Stabilizes blood sugar levels
6. Increased antioxidant intake which helps protect against diseases
7. Helps with healthy, radiant skin
8. Increased intake of fruits and vegetables
9. Reduces unhealthy food cravings
10. Enhances the immune system
Makes 4 glasses
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 stalks celery, chopped
1 cup chopped kale
1 cup arugula or romaine leaves
1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
1 cup chopped mango (I used frozen)
1 banana, frozen
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1. Combine all ingredients in a container of a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Note: If you do not have frozen mango or frozen banana, use regular and add 1 cup ice cubes.