Need a quick recipe idea for Valentine’s Day? Try this two ingredient Two Ingredient Chocolate Fondue. It was so funny because my kids never heard of fondue before. Your kids or your favorite person will love it! You don’t have to feel guilty either. Serve it with fruit or any of your favorite toppings. What are you Valentine’s Day plans? Do tell!
With just 4 ingredients and about 20 minutes, you can prepare these homemade candies for your favorite Valentine. These are so easy and fabulous! Be sure to butter the pans good to prevent sticking and use wax paper after the candy has been dipped in chocolate. They disappeared in a matter of minutes at my house so I hope you will love them too! Also, thanks to http://www.tipnut.com for recommending my Valentine ideas.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Yield: 24 candies
1 (14-ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
2 tablespoons skim milk
2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate
1. Combine caramels and milk in a heavy saucepan; cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Stir in pecans, and drip by tablespoonfuls onto buttered baking sheets. Let stand until firm.
2. Microwave chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until melted, stirring once.
3. Dip caramel candies into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip; place on wax paper. let stand until firm.
This three ingredient recipe was one I made for Christmas, but since there are so many white chocolate fans, I thought I would feature it again for Valentine’s Day. It’s so easy, quick and delicious. It also can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three weeks. I used Nestle semisweet morsels, and it worked great! Happy Valentine’s Day! Enjoy!
Dried Cherry and Pistachio Bark
Feel free to double or triple this recipe.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 1 minute
Yield: 11/2 pound
1 (12-ounce) package white chocolate morsels or any white chocolate
1 cup pistachio nuts, shells removed and toasted
1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
1. Place white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, covered with wax paper on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring once. Add pistachios and cherries, stirring well. Spread on large baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
2. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Break bark into pieces. Store in a tightly sealed container in refrigerator up to 1 month. Pack in decorative boxes or tins lined with wax tissue paper or colored cellophane for gift giving.
Since Valentine’s Day is coming up, and I have 3 children, I am always trying to come up with something clever and sweet. Their school has Valentine class parties, and I have an easy idea that is sure to be a hit. Start with a large waffle cone that can be found in any grocery store and simply coat it in chocolate. Fill with your favorite candy for a colorful, fun presentation. These can be made up to 5 days ahead stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can also fill these with your favorite ice cream topped with Valentine candy.
Chocolate-Laced Waffle Cones
For a simpler version of the chocolate mixture, use 1 (7-ounce) container microwavable Baker’s Dipping Chocolate.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 2 minutes
Yield: 8 cones
6 to 8 large waffle cones
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet morsels
1 tablespoon milk
Milk chocolate pieces, solid white chocolate and milk chocolate pieces (kisses and hugs), candy hearts, chocolate hearts
1. Place waffle cone, pointed end up on a baking sheet covered with wax paper. Combine chocolate and milk in top of stove in a double boiler; bring water to a boil; reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate is melted, stirring frequently. (You can also microwave chocolate and milk in a microwave-safe dish 1 minute on HIGH or until melted.)
2. Slowly spoon chocolate over cone coating evenly. Let stand 20 minutes or until chocolate is set. Repeat with remaining cones. Refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, fill cones with your favorite Valentine Candy.