Whether it’s family or work, life can be stressful no matter what stage you are in. Being that I am a single mom of three active children and experiencing the everyday challenges of living with an ill parent, I have been searching for various ways to help me relax. Below are a few of my favorite tips that have helped to relieve my stress. If you have any others, please share!
1. Identify the problem: Ask yourself what is triggering your anxiety and write down possible solutions for each. Having a list in front of you will help you understand and identify the issue.
2. Exercise regularly: Even if it is taking a walk with a friend, stay active! Head to the gym and try a Pilates or yoga class. These classes teach various ways to meditate, while helping loosen tight muscles and facilitate deeper breathing.
3. Get some rest: Sleep helps your body replenish. Try going to bed even 30 minutes earlier, you’ll be able to handle stress better if you’re well-rested and nourished.
4. Travel: If possible, plan a getaway and take some personal downtime in a new setting. Even staying with a friend or family for a night can help give you a new perspective on things and give your mind a night off from stress. Or, make it a family trip and spend some time with your loved ones! If you’re traveling with kids, check out my tips on how to make your vacation stress-free here.
5. Do what you love: Read a good book, see a movie, go get your nails done or simply watch your favorite show. Make time for a favorite activity at least once a week to help take your mind off your problems and put a smile on your face!