People always ask me, “How do you keep up with your workout routine?” It got me thinking…How do I? Here’s some of my favorite pointers.
1. Get up early-If you do it first thing in the morning, you will get it done. I do most of my workouts early during the week, and I always feel great afterwards. My friend, Caroline, once said, “If I get nothing else accomplished all day, at least I know I got my run in.”
2. Find a friend-I never want to let my friends down. Do you? Whether it’s a running partner or weight training partner, if you hold each other accountable, you’ll stick to it.
3. Pay it Forward-If you pay for it in advance, you will be more likely to keep it up. Invest in a trainer, join a gym or yoga studio or buy a DVD. When you put money down, you will want to make the most of it.
4. Log it. Whether you keep a fitness log, use an app or tweet it, keep a journal of your workouts on a daily basis. If you write it down, you’re more likely to keep it going when you have a visual to look back on. My favorite log apps are RunKeeper Pro and Livestrong Calorie Tracker
5. Get New Gear-Buy a new pair of running shoes, cycling shoes, shorts, workout pants, sports watch or anything relating to your sport. Dressing for success (even in sports) can only boost your workouts with confidence and make you feel good at the same time.
6. Treat Yourself-Start by setting goals. Then, when you achieve them, buy something new for yourself, treat yourself to a massage or spa appointment, or have a great splurge dinner or dessert.
7. New Tunes-Getting new music always keeps workouts fresh, new and interesting (I need to do a better job of this).
8. Eat & Drink Healthy-When you eat healthy on a regular basis (and drink a lot of water), you will want to keep your workouts up. Studies have shown that people who regularly exercise eat healthier.
9. Read-Purchase fitness magazines, health magazines or read fitness blogs for new ideas, trends, etc.
10. Events-Sign up for an event such as a race, charity cycle class, yoga seminar etc. This will keep things interesting and give you a goal to work toward.
Yoga Top by Prana
Cute T Shirt by Nike
Watch by Soleus from Road Runner Sports