The 8th annual Kohler Festival of Beer is April 29-May 1 – a celebration bringing together brewmasters from across the country at Destination Kohler. The weekend is crafted for the beer enthusiast with brew-themed happenings. Guests can enjoy flavorful food pairing experiences, tasting soirees, educational seminars, culinary demonstrations, lively music, and a 5K Beer Run/Walk. This year the line-up of new events includes an interactive grilling experience, sessions on homebrewing, beer-infused cooking, craft beer trends and more. Tap into all the details by clicking online.
Satiate and Educate
Educational opportunities are plentiful for craft beer fans of all levels and interests. Brewmasters, cicerones, chefs and chocolatiers host inspiring educational sessions throughout the weekend:
- Beer Infused Foods ($35), Friday at 5pm – Discover how to incorporate and infuse beer into favorite foods and recipes at this cooking demonstration with food and beer samples.
- Art of Homebrewing ($40), Saturday at 10am – Learn the techniques, tips and secrets to create beer at home.
- Beer 101 ($30), Saturday at 2pm – Gain insight into the basics and nuances of beer and brewing at this session focusing on history, proper pouring techniques and glassware.
- Craft Beer Trends, ($30) Saturday at 4pm – Get a taste of the latest trends in the craft beer industry from a certified cicerone.
- Those seeking a hands-on experience will enjoy The Art of Grilling ($120) on Saturday at 5pm featuring a 1.5 hour session on grilling basics, tips and tricks hosted by resort chefs. Twenty culinarians will line the grilling stations at this interactive session as they prepare and enjoy dinner.
A new event this year affords a sole brewery the opportunity to showcase its portfolio of craft beer to festgoers.
Tasting events with ample samples
Kohler Festival of Beer signature events celebrate the discovery of beers from more than 30 breweries. The events include both abundant beer tastings and food pairings. Performances by regional bands include Copperbox, Marc Croft Band, DJ Sye Young and Sammy Llanas, the former lead singer of the BoDeans.
- Hops the Shops ($40) taps the weekend with a pairing event at The Shops at Woodlake on Friday from 8-11pm.
- Regional chefs collaborate with brewers to share fantastic grilled fair with beer pairings at Shorts and Chefs ($40) on Saturday from 11am-1pm.
- A day choc-full of beer-themed events culminates at Cheers to Beers ($90) tasting gala on Saturday from 6-9pm featuring high-end and hard-to-find beers at the inspiring Kohler Design Center, a showroom of Kohler Co. products and services.
Beer here, there and everywhere
Visitors to Destination Kohler can enjoy beer-themed menu additions at its restaurants, an al fresco beer garden and special offers at Woodlake Market. Resort restaurants get in the spirit offering unique food and beverage specials at various locales including the resort’s historic taproom Horse & Plow Restaurant & Pub. Craverie Chocolatier Café will pinpoint select beers that pair perfectly with Kohler Original Recipe Chocolates. Cucina will host lively music and small bites at the Goose Island Beer Gardenlocated in the breezeway at The Shops at Woodlake on Friday from Noon-6pm and Saturday from 10am-6pm. The Wisconsin Room will host a Friday evening Sierra Nevada Lobster & Seafood Buffett and the Beer Lovers Brunch ($40) on Sunday morning. Woodlake Market will showcase featured festival beers making it easy to take home new favorites.
Craft a brew-cation
Check out Kohler Festival of Beer overnight package offering event tickets, exclusive opportunities, special offers, and accommodations at the Forbes Five-Star The American Club resort hotel and the Three-Star Inn on Woodlake. Who wants to go?