I got the best, coolest new kitchen toy: The NutriPro Juicer. I love juicing, and I couldn’t wait to share this recipe for Feel Good Green Juice. It’s so good that even my youngest son, Zachary liked it. The BELLA NutriPro Cold Press Juicer utilizes a two-stage cold press juicing technology that operates via a chewing (mastication) method to produce high-quality juice from each fruit and vegetable. With the no-blade, cold press technology, oxidation is minimized, no heat is used, and more nutrients and enzymes are preserved. (Most traditional juicers and blenders that claim to juice use blades that shred the cell walls of the produce, exposing it to oxygen and therefore affecting the integrity of the nutrients and enzymes) So why is juicing so popular these days?
Here are 10 Reasons Juicing is Healthy:
1. It’s an easy way to meet your fruit and veggie quotient-Many Americans don’t consume enough produce, so juicing those fresh ingredients is a quick, easy way to meet your recommended daily needs. Cold press juice is healthy fast food—a meal on the go that’s good for you.
2. It boosts your brain. Researchers have found that beetroot juice can increase blood flow to the brain, which can lead to better brain health and help ward off dementia and cognitive decline
3. It gives you energy. Low-pulp juice delivers nutrients that your body is able to absorb almost instantaneously. Because your body doesn’t have to do the work of breaking down solid food, you’re left with energy to spare.
4. It reduces inflammation. Antioxidants and other nutrients in cold press juice help combat inflammation caused by a diet rich in acidic, high-fat, or processed foods, which helps protect your body from deadly diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer
5. It detoxifies your system. Environmental toxins can enter your body through your mouth, nose, and skin. Nutrients found in low-pulp juice help sweep these pollutants out of your system, keeping you healthier
6. It hydrates your body-Water isn’t the only way to replenish the fluids your body needs. Cold press juice is a savvy way to quench thirst and keep your organs functioning properly—it’s like nature’s first vitamin water.
7. It helps you sleep better-Cold press juice made from leafy green vegetables provides high levels of magnesium, the relaxation mineral with a mellowing effect that can help improve the quality of your sleep.
8. It wards off stress-Nutrients in juice including vitamin C and magnesium will help your body better combat the effects of the stress hormone cortisol.
9. It builds bones-Greens such as kale, collards, and broccoli are high in the nutrients calcium and magnesium, both of which are crucial for a strong, healthy skeleton
10. It helps you live longer- Studies show that nutrients often found in cold press juice, like resveratrol, keep cells from prematurely dying.