Beets are so incredibly healthy, and one of my favorite root vegetables. Just 3 baby beets equals one serving of your 5 vegetables and fruits you should have a day. They are also so versatile in cooking, and I love them in this Beetroot Goat Cheese and Hazelnut Tart. This recipe is very simple to prepare, and it makes a show-stopping appetizer or side dish. It’s perfect for holiday season entertaining. Check out LoveBeets which are ready-to-eat, cooked beets. You can find them in your local grocery such as Whole Foods Market. They make life so much easier, and they taste so fresh.
Here are just a few of their powerful health benefits.
1. Beets are one of the richest sources of folic acid essential for normal tissue growth.
2. Research has showed that beets can help lower blood pressure and blood sugar.
3. Beets have been said to lessen chances of skin and lung cancer.
4. The high iron content in beets helps fight fatigue and anemia.
5. Beets contain high amounts of Boron which is related to production of human sex hormones, thus increasing sex drive.
I love super easy recipes that have only a few ingredients but still taste like a million bucks. This 3 ingredient recipe for Apple Tart is as easy as can be. I used Puff Pastry, fresh apples, granulated sugar, and that was it. It’s so easy to prepare, and it’s perfect for dessert, brunch or even an afternoon snack (my kids devoured this after school).