Yogurt and smoothie bowls are our favorite breakfast and after workout snacks so this weekend we created this 10 minute Watermelon Tropic Yogurt Bowl recipe with ingredients we had in our refrigerator and pantry. This recipe is super healthy, high in protein and full of vitamins and fiber. For health benefits of watermelon see my post on 5 health benefits here. Here’s to a great summer and another healthy and happy week ahead!
Have you tried cucumber in your juicing or smoothie recipes? I made this Cucumber Pineapple Smoothie, and my 3 kids loved it! Cucumbers are healthy and so low in calories. Here are a few health benefits of cucumbers:
1. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins.
2. Cucumbers are a valuable source of conventional antioxidant nutrients including vitamin C, beta-carotene, and manganese.
3. Cucumbers are 95 percent water, keeping the body hydrated while helping the body eliminate toxins.
4. Cucumbers aid in digestion due to their fiber and water content.
One of my kids favorite things to eat is grilled pineapple. Recently, I made this Grilled Fruit Salad, and it was devoured before I could turn around. This is an ideal healthy dessert option for Memorial Day, Father’s Day, baby or wedding showers, brunches or a light snack or dessert. Adding the coconut gives it a new twist similar to ambrosia, an old Southern favorite. Tune in as I’ll be on WMJJ Magic 96.5 FM Radio on Thursday at 5:40 a.m and 8:50 a.m and Monday at 5:20 a.m and 8:10 a.m talking about how to make this Memorial day healthier so tune in.
One of my New Year’s resolutions is to drink more Green Smoothies. I am having so much fun with my Blendtec blender, and I loved this recipe for Green Smoothie. Even my son, Zachary, who is 10 years old, drank an entire glass. If you’re skeptical, just try it. It’s my newest favorite recipe for breakfast or afternoon pick me up.
Check out 10 awesome health benefits of drinking Green Smoothies below:
1. It boosts your energy level
2. Adds fiber to your diet which aids in digestion and eliminates toxins.
3. Reduces mood swings
4. Promotes weight loss
5. Stabilizes blood sugar levels
6. Increased antioxidant intake which helps protect against diseases
7. Helps with healthy, radiant skin
8. Increased intake of fruits and vegetables
9. Reduces unhealthy food cravings
10. Enhances the immune system
My last television segment on NBC 13 “Daytime Alabama” was such a hit, and the food topic was smoothies. Smoothies are wonderful to prepare for dessert, afternoon snack or breakfast for kids and adults. This is the best time of year to make them when fruits are so vibrant. Cantaloupe-Coconut Smoothie combines some of my favorites: cantaloupe, coconut and pineapple. My kids are huge smoothie fans, and every time I turn around the blender is out on the counter. I can’t wash it fast enough. Enjoy this recipe just in time for ripe cantaloupes. To choose a ripe cantaloupe, it should smell sweet, have an even coloring and be heavy for its size. If you tap on it, it will sound hollow if it’s ripe.