Want to start off the New Year with a Valentine’s weekend you’ll never forget? Here four of my top picks on where to go this Valentine’s Day:
Maui has been recognized as one of the most desirable romantic destinations in the world, and the island’s most coveted neighborhood has welcomed its newest resort – the reimagined Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui. Following the December 2016 debut of their $100 million transformation, the resort’s sprawling 22-acre contemporary retreat offers couples a picture perfect Valentine’s Day getaway.
Here is our guide to a magical retreat, Wailea Beach Resort style:
- Calm down: Enjoy a couples treatment while overlooking the serene Hawaiian waters, Molokini crater and the island of Kaho’olawe at the newly renovated full-service Mandara Spa.
- Get lost: Unplug with your loved one while soaking up the sun at the new adults only adults-only infinity edge serenity pool, participating in a couples scuba diving class at the resort’s new dive pool or snorkeling together with an underwater photographer.
- Shake it up: Try something new! Embrace the Hawaiian culture at Te AU Moana, Maui’s highly anticipated vibrant luau exclusively curated for the resort, taking place at the property’s new Luau Gardens
- Treat yourself: Perched at the highest point of the property, the resort’s new signature restaurant is serving loved ones the ultimate dinner with a view. Humble Market Kitchen by Roy Yamaguchi is the go-to date night locale to feast your eyes on a new menu influenced by Japanese, Filipino, Chinese and Hawaiian cultures and sweeping views of the Pacific.
Head to The Resort at Paws Up, an ultimate romantic retreat on 37,000-acres of winter wonderland in western Montana. This rustic, chic setting is the ultimate destination for romance, zen and adventure.
- Calm down: Treat yourself to a spa day at the Morris Ranch House. Then head back to your cozy home to build a fire in your wood-buring fireplace or relax in your outdoor hot tub.
- Get lost: With spectacular views of the legendary Blackfoot River and endless forests, Paws Up’s winter horseback adventures offer a wide-eyed gulp of the winter wonderland. Enjoy 60 minutes of beautiful winter vistas and the unforgettable Old West history.
- Shake it up: In the mood for adventure? Book a private snowmobile tour, attempt skijoring (but this time behind a horse), enjoy snowshoeing, ice skating, dogsledding or cross-county skiing.
- Treat yourself: Relax with a cocktail in Tank with the best and friendliest mixologists. Savor every bite of Chef Ben Jones‘ Creations at Pomp. Be sure to ask for a table fireside and leave room for dessert.
A majestic mountainscape, a crackling fire, snow falling softly on a frozen lake. This may sound like the setting of a romantic movie but, in fact, it is very much a reality. McCall, Idaho has everything lovebirds could want for a getaway: stunning scenery, exciting excursions, luxurious amenities and, perhaps most importantly, a feeling of complete escape. Nestled in the heart of the Salmon River Mountains, and on the shores of the stunning Payette Lake, Shore Lodge in McCall is an idyllic retreat that offers refuge from big city life amongst unparalleled natural beauty.
Here is our guide to a magical retreat, Shore Lodge style:
- Calm down: Treat yourself to a spa day. The Cove offers side-by-side couples massages, calming body treatments and one of the most soothing experiences in town: soaking in the heated indoor/outdoor immersion pools. Enjoy a cool glass of champagne and a hot soak to get you loosened up for other activities.
- Get lost: So often we get lost in the hustle and bustle of daily life and lose a little bit of touch with the one that matters most. Remedy the distance by getting lost together! Strap on some snowshoes or Nordic skis and spend some time reconnecting as your explore the beautiful snowy wilderness around you.
- Shake it up: Lacking a little adventure in your life? Try something thrilling with your significant other to bring your closer together. Shore Lodge offers countless excursions for adventurous couples of all skill sets, from snowmobiling to heli-skiing.
- Treat yourself: A little indulgence goes a long way. Dinner at The Narrows is a must for the ultimate fine-dining experience. Enjoy the artfully crafted menu of Pacific Northwest cuisine and an extensive, award-winning wine list alongside panoramic views of Payette Lake. End the evening with a nightcap martini in the Narrows Grill or enjoy the view on your private balcony of your Lake View Suite.
It’s nothing but California Dreaming with this romantic beachside getaway, whether you are looking to surf, sunbathe or just take in the sunset. From luxurious pampering and captivating views to unsurpassed dining options and with professional Resort Hosts and Experience planners ready to ensure your every need is met, couples can reconnect with a curated couple’s retreat at Monarch Beach Resort.
Here is our guide to a magical retreat, Monarch Beach Resort style:
- Calm down: Take relaxation to a higher level at Miraval Spa, where couples can participate in treatments and activities that will transform you from the inside out. From private partner aerial yoga to couples relaxation spa treatments, loved ones will leave feel rejuvenated and reconnected. For a more intimate experience, revel in the luxurious comfort of an elegant suite and enjoy a romantic evening in.
- Get lost: Watch the glowing sun fall behind the horizon as we host the nightly Champagne Sabering, or share a bottle of bubbly from our wine cellar and warm up by the fire on a cool California evening.
- Shake it up: For couples interested in active pursuits, the resort offers paddle boarding, tennis, yoga classes, championship golf, and so much more.
- Treat yourself: Wine and dine your loved one at Michael Mina’s acclaimed restaurant concept Stonehill Tavern, offering tavern fare in an elegant and sophisticated setting. Enjoy a one-of-a-kind dining experience, including modern American cuisine that features seasonal ingredients and contemporary twists on classic tavern dishes.