It’s the time of year when I like to make a lot of soups, and chili, of course. This Chipotle Vegetarian Chili recipe is one of my newest favorites filled with black beans, corn, fresh vegetables, and chipotle peppers. I used the canned chipotle peppers, and they are great. Just don’t go overboard and add too many. You can always add more, so start with one or two and a little bit of the sauce. The peppers and a little beer add a wonderful spicy and smokiness to this chili, but this recipe is still very healthy and low in fat. It’s perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or for casual entertaining.
My three kids start back to school in a little over a week so I’ve been trying to get back into the groove. I try to be really creative when it comes to school lunch for two out of my three children who insist on taking their own lunch. This year, I have more than enough ideas since the release of my new cookbook, “400 Best Sandwiches: From Classics & Burgers to Wraps & Condiments”. One of our favorite recipes from the “Lunchbox” chapter is this recipe for Lunch Box Sushi. It’s really easy, healthy, fresh and kids love it. Feel free to substitute cooked chicken for the shrimp. In honor of the popular demand for sandwiches and back to school, I am giving away one copy of my new sandwich cookbook.
How to Enter:
1. Please leave a comment telling me your child’s favorite lunch sandwich or your favorite. This is only open to U.S residents. To earn additional entries, leave a comment for the steps below:
2. Tweet this on twitter: Check out @alisonlewis 400 recipe Sandwich Cookbook Giveaway just in time for back to school lunch ideas http://su.pr/4JG5mz
3. Follow @alisonlewis on twitter
4. Become a fan of Ingredients, Inc on Facebook
5. Stumble this post and follow me on Stumble Upon
6. Winner will be selected Thursday August 11th.
This recipe is from my book “400 Best Sandwich Recipes: From Classics & Burgers to Wraps & Condiments” 2011 by Robert Rose Inc. Reprinted with permission and photo credit by Colin Erricson.