Mangos are known for their superfruit status and strong nutritional profile—bursting with antioxidants and over 20 different vitamins and minerals. Mango is also an excellent source of Vitamin A and Folate, and a good source of Fiber and Vitamin B6. One cup of mango is only 100 calories, an excellent source of vitamins A and C, copper a good source of fiber and an amazing source of tropical flavor. But recent studies indicate that there’s more to mangos than just vitamins and minerals. Check out these health benefits of mangoes below:
1. Mango consumption associated with lower blood sugar Levels
2. Some polyphenolics in mangos may possess cancer-fighting properties
3. Preliminary research on the possible effects and correlation between mango and bone density
4. One cup of mango is an excellent source of vitamin C and provides our daily Vitamin C requirements great for collagen formation and cognitive and neurologic function.
5. Mangoes are an excellent source of Vitamin A critical for vision and immune function.
6. Mangoes are high in folate which is important before and during pregnancy and helps the body make red blood cells and DNA.
7. Mangoes are a good source of B6 which helps with immune function and cognitive development.
8. One cup of mango is a good source of copper which helps form red blood cells and support healthy immune function.