Have you heard of Horizontal Conditioning? My friend, Sandra Koulourides, is the creator of this challenging, body defining workout. She teaches in Birmingham, Alabama, but she has 8 workout DVDS and a monthly Horizontal Club where members get a new workout every month. Check Sandra out and my interview with her below:
1. What is Horizontal Conditioning?
Horizontal Conditioning is a core intense total body workout that uses body weight for resistance. It builds muscular strength and endurance from head to toe, especially in the core. It targets the abdominal area like no other workout. Horizontal Conditioning gives you lean and defined muscles, not bulky ones.
2. Why do you think this type of exercise is so beneficial?
Horizontal works so well because you are holding your body weight up against gravity. This causes the deepest abdominal muscles to become activated, so that you truly are toning your body from the inside out. It pushes you outside of your comfort zone, which is why it works. The results you get from Horizontal are like wearing a corset or “SPANX” all day long. It constricts your middle like nothing else.
3. Can anyone do this exercise?
Horizontal Conditioning is a challenging workout no matter what your fitness level. Beginners need to start with the Getting Started DVD and do it on their knees. As they get stronger, they can progress to their toes and try one of the more advanced dvds. They key is to just take that first step and start. It is hard, and you will feel it, but that is why it works! Keep doing it!
5. What is the best tip to get started?
Horizontal needs to be done 3 times per week for a minimum of 10-20 minutes. The Getting Started series of dvds are all 10-20 minute workouts. Within 5-6 weeks you will see changes in your body, especially your abdominals.
6. What are you best fitness tips?
*Be consistent – you will not see changes if you are not consistent
*Don’t be scared of a challenge – that is how your body changes. You can do so much more than you think you can
*Don’t be a cardio junkie – You gotta have muscle. Muscle gives your body shape and definition. Muscle turns on your metabolism
If you were thinking that boots were going to go out of style, then you thought wrong! Boots are now bigger and better than ever. I love the variety of colors, shapes, and styles boots come in these days. The styles I have shown you are my favorite. Look below to see why.
1. These short brown boots by Sessun are so adorable. I can already see these with a jean skirt or a floral dress and tights. They are $380 at OtteNY.com
2. I am in love with these tall Vince Camuto camel boots. These are the perfect boots to tuck your jeans in. If you don’t get these boots, then I will. They are $149 at Piperlime.com
3. It’s definitely easy being green when you wear these cool flat boots by Style&co. The color looks great with brown and black, so they are extremely versatile. These boots won’t break your bank since they are $69 at Macys.com
4. These boots are perfect to take from day to night. They are perfect for work, but then you can wear them when you are having drinks with your friends. These booties are $27.80 at Forever21.com
5. For a casual pair of weekender boots, I would love these Rocketdog faux-sheepskin boots. Just pair these with a pair of skinny jeans, and a white tee and a leather jacket, and you are all set to go. These cute boots are $94.95 at Zappos.com
6. If you are willing to splurge on a pair of boots, then I definitely suggest picking up these Stella McCartney boots. They are just so fabulous, and I especially love the rubber soles. They are $585 at MyTheresa.com