One of my New Year’s resolutions is to drink more Green Smoothies. I am having so much fun with my Blendtec blender, and I loved this recipe for Green Smoothie. Even my son, Zachary, who is 10 years old, drank an entire glass. If you’re skeptical, just try it. It’s my newest favorite recipe for breakfast or afternoon pick me up.
Check out 10 awesome health benefits of drinking Green Smoothies below:
1. It boosts your energy level
2. Adds fiber to your diet which aids in digestion and eliminates toxins.
3. Reduces mood swings
4. Promotes weight loss
5. Stabilizes blood sugar levels
6. Increased antioxidant intake which helps protect against diseases
7. Helps with healthy, radiant skin
8. Increased intake of fruits and vegetables
9. Reduces unhealthy food cravings
10. Enhances the immune system
I was fortunate to meet Virginia Wills several years ago, and I had the pleasure and honor to co-speak with her last year at Food Blog South. Last fall, I attended an event in Atlanta where she previewed some of her recipes for her new book, “From Basic to Brilliant”. I couldn’t wait for it to be released. Virginia is a graduate of L’Academie de Cuisine and Ecole de Cuisine LaVarenne and, previously, was the Kitchen Director for Martha Stewart Living. Virginia expands on her incredible style in this 150 recipe cookbook where she offers incredible preparation and presentation techniques (her writing is amazing too). This recipe for Winter Greens and Butternut Squash Gratin is just one of the many stellar recipes in this book. I served it to company this weekend on a cold evening, and I received rave reviews. Her amazingly beautiful photos were taken by Helene Dujardin of Tartlette. “From Basic to Brilliant” can be found at Amazon or any of your favorite online stores as well as bookstores nationwide.
For a chance to win a copy, leave me a comment telling me why you want a copy of this book. Winner will be drawn on Thursday, November 10th and must be a U.S resident. For more chances, leave as many comments as you like telling me that you did the following:
1. Follow Alison Lewis on Twitter
2. Like Ingredients, Inc on Facebook
3. Follow Virginia Willis on Twitter
4. Like Virginia Willis on Facebook