Did you know that the bikini was invented in 1946 by a Parisian fashion designer, Louis Reard? If you have yet to flaunt your bikini bod because maybe those late night slices of pizza and cheese puffs have finally caught up to you, consider this your new goal date: National Bikini Day! TODAY! International Certified Personal Trainer and founder of the Bikini Body Training Company, Kayla Itsines has created 5 fool-proof tips for anyone looking to shape up and score a sizzling bikini body to flaunt their favorite two piece:
1. Find a simple plan and stick to it. Consistency is the biggest piece of advice that can ever be given to anyone. If you train 110 % and eat perfect 110% only 10% of the time you’ll still only get 10% results. I would rather eat and train well always, and get 100% results
2. Less is more. A lot of the time people try and go too hard, too fast. The biggest causes of failure are too much training, restricting calories too far or even not resting enough. This typically results in an overload of stress that can heavily prevent weight loss. If your body is comfortable and not stressed it will act the way you want. Basically if you over work your body and treat it poorly it won’t do what you want.
3. Be patient and be smart. Don’t expect it to be easy and don’t think that your body will immediately develop a habit. It takes time to re-write poor lifestyle patterns and it takes time to see significant results. The road to inner happiness isn’t a straight one it’s a curvy, hilly drive
4. Don’t let other people bring you down. You are doing this to make yourself happy, not to please anyone else
5. Take the advice of ONE person/program. If you constantly change what you are doing your body is always playing catch up. If you do the right thing, one way, all the time you will constantly progress.