It may not be surprising that the number one New Years resolution is to lose weight and get into shape. What is shocking is that by the now most people have already given up on this resolution! Weight loss does not have to be stressful, especially if you doing activities you like to do. I am excited to share celebrity personal trainer, Joey Thurman’s ideas to help encourages those who have made this resolution to stick with their journey and find activities that are fun.
Here are Joey’s 10 activities that will torch 200 calories in less than an hour:
1. Biking– Jump on your bike and take a ride around the neighborhood! “This is a great activity for everyone! Biking for 30 minutes at 10-12 mph will burn 210 calories! Great activity for when you want to bring the family along for the workout.”
2. Jump Rope– Feel like a kid again and jump rope!- “Jumping rope is a great way to get your heart pumping and great work out if you don’t have a lot of time. You can burn those 200 calories in just 10-15 minutes.”
3. Climbing stairs– Climb your way to killer legs! “Climbing stairs doesn’t have to be done at the gym. You can do this activity at home, at the gym or at a park. Climbing stairs for 30 minutes will burn 200 calories.”
4. Dancing– Just Dance! “For those who love to dance around their room while no one is watching…keep it up! Dancing for 40 minutes will burn 216 calories.”
5. Bowling- Make your workout a perfect game- “When coming up with date night ideas don’t forget about bowling! Hitting the lanes for an hour will burn 200 calories.”
6. Basketball- For love of the game- “Who doesn’t love a little friendly competition? Gather your friends, (or look for a pickup game,) and hit the court. While you only have to play for 20 minutes to burn 200 calories, I am sure you will play much longer!”
7. Jogging-Lace up your shoes and take a quick 25 minute jog. “If you are a morning person, jogging for 25 minutes in the AM is a great way to start your day! If you like to hit the snooze button, running after your day is a fantastic way to release your office tension. Best part, a 25 minute jog will have you burning 218 calories.”
8. Swimming – Take a Dive- “Taking a swim is a favorite for many and a great low impact activity. Taking a 30 minute swim can burn 215 calories.”
9. Tennis– Game, set, match! “You don’t need to have skills like a Williams sister or Andy Roddick to see results from this game. Hitting the courts for 25 minutes will burn 218 calories.”
10. Basic training– Are you army strong? – “If you are looking for a killer workout, try a basic training workout. A 30 minute workout of pushups, sit-ups and timed sprints running will burn 200 calories.”
Joey Thurman is a health, fitness, and nutrition expert and the creator of The Lifestyle Renovation, a website dedicated to helping people achieve their health and fitness goals. He has appeared on CBS, FOX, ABC, and WCIU sharing his insights as a celebrity fitness trainer and published author. For more information, please visit www.thelifestylerenovation.com and follow Joey on Instagram and Twitter at @JoeyThurmanFit.