Zucchini recipes are so hot right now on the internet, so why not try something a little out of the box and combine them with fresh tuna, bell peppers and a citrus marinade such as in these Tuna Zucchini Kabobs. The Moroccan flavors of the marinade pair well with the grilled fish and vegetables. Easy to prepare and a party showstopper, these are low in calories, fat and carbohydrates. They are also a paleo-friendly and gluten free, so sit back, relax, and enjoy!
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 tablespoons grated orange zest
11/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
11/2 pound fresh yellowfin or ahi tuna, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
2 oranges, sliced into wedges
2 zucchini, sliced
1 medium orange or red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, orange zest, cumin, paprika, and garlic. Season fish with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; drizzle with orange juice mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes up to 1 hour.
2. In a medium bowl combine oranges, zucchini, bell pepper, and onion. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
3. Preheat grill to medium heat (300F to 350F).
4. Remove fish from marinade. Divide fish among 4 metal skewers alternating with orange slices, zucchini, bell pepper and onion.
5. Grill kabobs 5 minutes, turning occasionally or until desired degree of doneness and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if desired.