I can’t believe it has been three years since my cookbook, 150 Best Grilled Cheese Recipes was released. April is National Grilled Cheese Month so here is one of my kid’s favorite recipes: Grilled Turkey Cobb recipe (one of the 149 recipes in my book). Grilled Cheese sandwiches are still the classic comfort food that continue to gain a resurgence in popularity. In my cookbook you will find a collection of grilled cheese recipes for lunch, dinner, snacks, appetizers, desserts and even condiments. I am offering readers 20% off if you purchase a copy before May 1st. Just click here to order.
Here are a few of my favorite grilled cheese tips:
1. Spread softened butter ont eh bread instead of adding it to the pan. This will keep the butter from burning.
2. Use grated, shredded or thinly sliced cheese for quicker melting.
3. Slice and grate the cheese when it’s cold for quicker melting.
4. The more cheese, the better the results.
5. Use your favorite bread and don’t slice it too thick (1/2-inch to 1-inch) is best.
6. Use your favorite toppings and combinations. Be creative and enjoy!
Grilled Turkey Cobb
15 minutes, *6 hour soak time extra
8 slices white or whole wheat bread
1⁄4 cup olive oil
6 ounces thinly sliced turkey
1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
8 slices cooked bacon
2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
2 avocados, sliced
4 slices mozzarella cheese
1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Preheat panini grill to medium, if using
2. Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Place on a work surface, oiled side down. Top 4 bread slices equally with turkey, spinach, bacon, tomato slices, avocado, mozzarella and blue cheese. Cover with remaining bread slices, oiled side up, and press together gently.
3. Place sandwiches on preheated panini grill or in a large skillet over medium heat and cook, turning once if using a skillet, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Courtesy of 150 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches by Alison Lewis © 2012 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold.