Have you tried cucumber in your juicing or smoothie recipes? I made this Cucumber Pineapple Smoothie, and my 3 kids loved it! Cucumbers are healthy and so low in calories. Here are a few health benefits of cucumbers:
1. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins.
2. Cucumbers are a valuable source of conventional antioxidant nutrients including vitamin C, beta-carotene, and manganese.
3. Cucumbers are 95 percent water, keeping the body hydrated while helping the body eliminate toxins.
4. Cucumbers aid in digestion due to their fiber and water content.
Cucumber Pineapple Smoothie
11/2 cups fresh or frozen chopped pineapple
1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup coconut water or vanilla lowfat yogurt
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.