The weather has been such a bummer lately. My kids have missed 2 days of school this week due to “inclement weather”, and it has not snowed yet (it’s supposed to be coming as we speak). Tonight we’re having this Easy Baked Ziti recipe that is warm, comforting and delicious! Hope you are having better weather than we are. Very ready for spring
Easy Baked Ziti
6 to 8 servings
1/2 pound ziti pasta
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 pound lean ground beef or Italian sausage
1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
1 cup part skim ricotta, cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Cook ziti according to package directions; drain.
2. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add marinara sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 350F.
4. Lightly grease a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Layer1 /2 of the ziti, ricotta, parmesan cheese, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, 1/2 mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.