Most of you already know that I am a huge yogurt fan. Have you tried Liberté Greek? Liberté Greek and Liberté Méditerranée are artfully crafted for a flavor-focused taste making them a natural addition to a variety of dishes that are sure to be a hit for Mother’s Day, graduation parties, showers, Labor Day celebrations and other seasonal festivities. I have this shrimp recipe on my list for Mother’s Day and a few other celebrations coming up so I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. One container of the lemon yogurt contains 11 grams of protein, zero grams of fat, 140 calories and 23 grams of carbohydrates.
Shrimp Cones with Spicy Yogurt Sauce
16 minutes plus marinate time
1 lb uncooked small shrimp, peeled (tail shells removed), deveined
1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (4 medium)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 container (6 oz) Liberté® Méditerranée lemon yogurt
2 to 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas, cut into fourths
16 wooden toothpicks
1. In medium bowl, mix shrimp ingredients. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 8 hours to marinate.
2. Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink.
3. In small bowl, stir Sauce ingredients until well blended.
4. Heat oven to 350°F. Shape tortilla wedges into cone shapes; secure each with toothpick. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until light golden around edges.
5. Place about 3 shrimp inside of each cone; drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce over shrimp in each cup.
Liberté is a registered trademark of Liberty Brand Products Inc. used under license.
One container Greek plain yogurt can be substituted for the lemon for a less sweet flavor.
Marinate the shrimp 1 day ahead. Prepare as directed, cover and refrigerate.