I get a lot of requests for gluten-free breakfast recipes, so how about this Blueberry Yogurt Parfait? Serve this gluten-free and high protein recipe for breakfast or an afternoon snack. It also makes a wonderful, light dessert that my three kids like too. With only 3 ingredients, how can you possibly go wrong? Blueberries are so good for you. Here’s just a few of the wonderful health benefits of eating blueberries and adding them to your diet:
1. Blueberries are full of Vitamin C-In just one serving, you can get 14 mg of Vitamin C which is almost 25 percent of your daily requirement. Vitamin C aids in the formation of collagen, helps maintain healthy gums and capillaries, and promotes a healthy immune system.
2. Blueberries are full of fiber-A handful of blueberries meets your daily fiber instate which is terrific for heart health and lower cholesterol levels.
3. Blueberries are high in antioxidants-Antioxidants help to neutralize free radicals linked to the development of cancer and Alzheimer’s. Blueberries contain polyphenols which have high antioxidant properties.
4. Blueberries can help protect against urinary track infections-Blueberries, like cranberries, contain flavonoides. Flavonoids can help protect bacteria that causes urinary tract infections from binding to the lining of the bladder.
Blueberry Yogurt Parfait
4 (5.3 ounce) containers nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt, drained
3/4 cup crushed gluten-free cookies or gingersnaps (about 12 cookies)
2 cups fresh blueberries
1. Layer 4 parfait or tall glasses with yogurt, crushed cookies and blueberries. Repeat the process until all ingredients are used. Refrigerate or serve immediately.