We have been eating watermelon nonstop this summer. Honestly, my kids and I are addicted. It’s a good thing thought because watermelon is packed with some of the most powerful antioxidants. I though you might be interested in the Top 5 Health Benefits of Eating Watermelon:
1. Watermelon is high in Vitamins A and C. Vitamin C is great to boost your immune system, and Vitamin A helps promote healthy eyes.
2. Watermelon is high in beta-carotene which help development of new healthy cells and also enhances wound healing.
3. Watermelon is rich in Vitamin B which is great for energy production.
4. Watermelon is higher in lycopene content than any other fruit or vegetable which helps protect against colon, rectal and prostate cancer as well as heart disease.
5. Watermelon is filled with electrolytes such as sodium and potassium. It’s great for dehydration and for those of you who strive to be athletes.
Would you believe that watermelon seeds are also healthy? They are high in protein, B vitamins and amino acids. Who knew?