Happy Labor Day everyone! I am sharing my Beef-Vegetable Kebob recipe that I’m cooking up for Labor Day as well as some of my other favorites that would be perfect for this weekend from some great bloggers you should check out.
Blueberry Lemon Corn Muffins Dash of East
Homemade Baked Beans from Chez Us
Summer Pulled Chicken on Pita Bread Reluctant Entertainer
Chicken Apple Salad with Candied Walnuts Barbara Bakes
Pineapple Limeade Cooler Good Life Eats
S’mores Bars from Bakers Royale
Watermelon Frozen Yogurt Popsicles Family Fresh Cooking
Almond Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies Chocolate and Carrots
20 minutes with chill time 3 hours
4 to 6 servings
4 (8-inch) wooden or metal skewers
1 pound package kabob meat or 11/2 lb New York Strips, cut into 11/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
1 small green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small purple onion, sliced into 1-inch pieces
1 (8-ounce) package whole button mushrooms
1. If using wooden skewers, soak in water to cover 30 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Place beef in a resealable plastic bag or large shallow dish. Pour balsamic mixture over steak, tossing gently. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours (up to 8 hours or overnight).
3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350F to 400F).
4. Remove beef from marinade and thread steak, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms alternately onto skewers, leaving a 1/4-inch between pieces. Drizzle kabobs with remaining 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
5. Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, 4 minutes one each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve immediately.