As I mentioned last week, football is just kind of big around here during football season. Each week, we rotate going to friends’ houses to watch the game or head to the games (if we are lucky enough). I have such a great time coming up with creative ways to make tailgating (and game watching) a little healthier, so everyone doesn’t feel so stuffed (and guilty) when the games are over. These Panko Roasted Drumsticks are definitely one of my new popular crowd pleasers. They appeal to adults as well as kids, and they are so simple to make. Your guests won’t believe that this recipe is a “lightened up” version of one of their favorite party foods.
Panko Roasted Drumsticks
2 tablespoons olive oil
11/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
12 large chicken drumsticks (about 21/2 pounds)
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Drizzle oil evenly over a large shallow lightly greased baking sheet.
2. Combine panko, chives, paprika, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl
3. Whisk together Dijon and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl; set aside.
4. Dip drumsticks in Dijon mixture and then in breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat and place on prepared roasting pan.
5. Bake chicken 20 to 22 minutes or until cooked though.