Super Bowl Sunday is right around the corner, and my boys are so excited about the Steelers being in it this year. My youngest son, Zachary, loves the Steelers and got to see them play earlier this year in Nashville against the Titans. I have started to compile my menu, and these Tomato-Goat Cheese Rounds will definitely be on the list. This recipe was featured on a television segment last year, and the station loved them. The producer of the show told me, “These are simple, pretty, and everyone will think you were in the kitchen for hours.” I used Belle Chevre Goat Cheese, one of my all time favorites. If you can’t find it, Boursin works great too.
Tomato-Goat Cheese Rounds
8 to 10 servings
1/2 (17.3-ounce) package puff pastry (1 sheet), thawed according to package directions
1 (4-ounce) package Belle Chevre® Goat Cheese or Boursin® Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. On a lightly floured surface roll puff pastry dough out to 1/4-inch thick. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter or the bottom of a glass, cut dough into circles. Place onto baking sheet.
3. Top each pastry round with about 3/4 teaspoon goat cheese or Boursin with herbs.
4. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Place one half cherry tomato cut side down in center of each pastry, pressing slightly into the cheese.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until pastry edges are golden brown. Arrange on a serving platter and serve warm or at room temperature.