Halloween is just a few days away, and this recipe for Turkey Eyeball Spiderweb Pizza is a great main course for Halloween night or for any of your upcoming Halloween parties. I developed this recipe for Honeysuckle White and Shady Brook Farms, my favorite turkey brands. I created a simple homemade turkey meatball with panko breadcrumbs, egg white and seasonings, and my kids were eating them as fast as I could make them. They are delicious on top of this super easy pizza using an unbaked pizza crust and your favorite marinara or pizza sauce. These pizzas are so fun to decorate for Halloween. My daughter had so much fun helping me with the spiderweb design. Happy Halloween weekend!
Turkey Eyeball Spiderweb Pizza
11/4 pound Honeysuckle White Ground Turkey
3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
1 egg white
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped onion (optional)
1 (12-inch) unbaked pizza crust
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
11/2 cups pizza sauce
1 cup refrigerated Alfredo pasta sauce (from 10 ounce) container
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1. Combine ground turkey, panko, egg white, sea salt, garlic powder, lemon pepper, black pepper, and onion, if desired, in a large bowl, mixing well.
2. Shape turkey mixture into 1/2-inch meatballs. Cook meatballs in batches over medium heat in a lightly greased large nonstick skillet. Brown all sides and turning occasionally about 8 minutes or until no longer pink.
3. Preheat oven to 450F.
4. Brush pizza crust with olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Pour pizza sauce evenly over cheese, gently spreading to cover cheese.
5. In a medium resealable plastic bag, place Alfredo sauce; seal bag. Cut off a tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle Alfredo sauce in circles over pizza sauce, starting at the center continuously to the outer edge to look like a spider web design. Top pizza evenly with meatballs and place 1 sliced olive on top of each meatball.
6. Bake in preheated oven 8 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut into slices and serve.
Testing notes: I used Mama Mary’s Pizza Crust but Boboli would also work great. Also, you may use 2 (7-inch) crusts with the same ingredient amounts above.