Celebrate Labor Day with these Easy Beef-Vegetable Kabobs. We make kabobs almost every week. My kids absolutely love them, and so do I. They are so simple to prepare and basically a complete meal. I serve them with rice and/or a salad, and dinner is on the table. I developed this recipe for US Wellness Meats. The quality of their beef is fabulous, and I love that they have kabob meat so there’s no slicing involved. This is what I will be serving on Labor Day, and I hope you have a great holiday!
Easy Beef-Vegetable Kabobs
4 to 6 servings
4 (8-inch) wooden or metal skewers
1 pound package US Wellness Meats Kabob meat or 11/2 lb New York Strips, cut into 11/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
1 small green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small purple onion, sliced into 1-inch pieces
1 (8-ounce) package whole button mushrooms
1. If using wooden skewers, soak in water to cover 30 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Place beef in a resealable plastic bag or large shallow dish. Pour balsamic mixture over steak, tossing gently. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours (up to 8 hours or overnight).
3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350F to 400F).
4. Remove beef from marinade and thread steak, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms alternately onto skewers, leaving a 1/4-inch between pieces. Drizzle kabobs with remaining 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
5. Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, 4 minutes one each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve immediately.