Yesterday I has the awesome opportunity once again to be on “Talk of the Town Newschannel 5 in Nashville making this recipe for Chocolate Chipotle Cookies. I developed this recipe for Wisconsin Milk and Marketing Board and http://butterisbest.com working on a “regional holiday cookie” recipe project. This recipe represented the Southwest with the chipotle chocolate twist. Everyone at the station went wild over these cookies. They are wonderful for Christmas gifts or for a holiday cookie swap . Here’s the link from the television spot.
Chocolate Chipotle Cookies
8 ounces dark chocolate morsels (11/3 cups)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground chipotle seasoning
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Microwave chocolate on HIGH heat for 45 seconds; stir. Reheat in 15 second intervals, stirring until melted or heat chocolate over a double-boiler, stirring until melted.
3. Combine, flour, cinnamon and chipotle in a medium bowl; Set aside.
4. Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Add brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in flour mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
5. Shape dough into 1-inch ball; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten bottom with a glass dipped in sugar.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.