If you’re like me, and you like to serve sandwiches for dinner, you’ll love these Dijon Peppercorn Wraps. I developed this recipe for Laura’s Lean Beef and with 223 calories, 7.3 grams of fat and 19 grams of protein, you can feel great eating these for dinner. Feel free to substitute chicken, but steak is great with the homemade Dijon sauce. This recipe is perfect if you have a hectic afternoon schedule (that’s me everyday with 3 kids).
Dijon Peppercorn Wraps
1/4 cup Dijon mustard, divided
1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns, crushed and divided
1 pound any steak cut (I like Ribeyes or New York Strips)
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1/2 medium cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
6 low-fat flour tortillas
1. Stir together 2 tablespoons mustard and two-thirds of crushed peppercorns; rub evenly over beef. Cover and chill 2 hours.
2. Grill beef, covered with grill lid, over medium high heat (350° to 400°) for 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices.
3. Stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon rind, remaining 2 tablespoons mustard, and remaining one-third of crushed peppercorns.
4. Arrange beef slices evenly down center of each tortilla. Sprinkle evenly with tomato, onion, and cucumber. Top evenly with mayonnaise mixture, and roll up.
1. Broil steak 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices.