I love to serve Pizza Romano for a quick weeknight dinner or even for weekend football game fare. There’s some great SEC football games this Thursday night and this weekend, so I thought I would offer up something that’s truly simple, low-fat and delicious. I love to use Laura’s Lean Beef for the beef in this recipe. Good luck to your favorite teams!
6 to 8 servings
3/4 pound lean ground beef (I love Laura's Lean)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 small green pepper, chopped
1/2 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 (12-inch) refrigerated or packaged pizza crust (I like Mama Mary's)
3/4 to 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
3/4 (8-ounce) package shredded reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese
Crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Cook beef, garlic and Italian seasoning in a nonstick skillet about 5 minutes or until browned; drain and remove from skillet.
2. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet; sauté 2 minutes or until slightly tender.
3. Add mushrooms and sauté 1 minute more.
4. Spread crust with sauce; top with beef, onion, bell pepper, sun-dried tomatoes and cheese.
5. Bake at 450 F for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, if desired.