This recipe is as good as it looks. I developed it for Lauras Lean beef, and I recently made it for television for an Asian-themed cooking show. It is so colorful, easy and a wonderful one-dish meal. Feel free to substitute chicken, shrimp or tofu for the beef if you wish.
Low Fat Beef Low Mein
4 to 6 servings
8 ounces cooked spaghetti
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce, divided
2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, divided
1 (1-pound) lean flank steak, cut into 1 inch slices
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 cup fresh snow pea pods, trimmed
1 cup broccoli flowerets
1 cup shredded carrots
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1. Bring water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to box instructions.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 1 teaspoon ginger; toss over steak.
3. Heat sesame oil over medium high heat in a wok or large nonstick skillet.
4. Add steak and stir-fry 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain and remove from pan.
5. Stir-fry snow peas and next 5 ingredients in skillet 2 minutes.
6. Stir in remaining soy sauce, ginger, steak and cooked noodles.
7. Remove from heat and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds; serve immediately.